Sunday 19 December 2010

Saturday, December 11, 2010

 

Saturday, December 11, 2010:
Jesus said: “My people, many of My prophets were killed because they carried My message, but the worldly people did not want to hear them because the prophets criticized the evil ones’ lifestyles. Even St. John the Baptist criticized Herod for living with his brother’s wife, so she had him beheaded. In the Gospel I told My apostles how I would be mistreated as well, and even be killed. The worldly are constantly seeking money, fame, and power. The Christians instead are seeking love of God and their neighbor as themselves. Those, who follow Me, I help with their necessities, but they share what they have, and desire to do everything for My greater glory. Those, who kill, cheat, and steal for their own personal gain, are on the path to hell if they do not repent. Do not be surprised then that when you follow My ways, you will be unpopular, criticized, and you may even have to suffer as I suffered at the hands of men. Those, who are faithful to My Word, will have their reward in heaven, despite any abuse that they may suffer for spreading My Gospel.”

http://www.johnleary.com/index.php/2010/12/16/saturday-december-11-2010/

No comments:

Post a Comment