Tuesday 2 November 2010

HELP YOURSELF

 

Help yourself! I am not speaking of the godless self, but the regenerated self, possessed by Christ. One of the most important verses in God's Word is John 4:14:

• "Whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life."
• "If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the Scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water" (John 7:37-38).

This life-giving water shall be in him and shall pour forth out of him. Out of where? His inner-most being!

Let me prove to you beyond any shadow of a doubt that everything you need in this life has already been given you when Christ came in! He is in us with all power for all needs!

• "According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue..." (2 Peter 1:3).
• "That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him” (Ephesians 1:17, NAS).
• "And what is the surpassing greatness of his power toward us who believe” (Ephesians 1:19 NAS).
• "Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is well-pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ..." (Hebrews 13:21).
• "Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think according to the power that worketh in us..." (Ephesians 3:20).
• "That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory... to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man..." (Ephesians 3:16).
• "[He] hath raised us up together, and made us to sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 2:6).
• "But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you" (Romans 8:11).

I know there is some great, indescribable power within me! I sense it. It is a feeling that an explosion of greatness can break forth.

I know the Spirit knows and sees all and that he alone has all the answers I need. I know I don't have to go to man or to anyone outside of myself. I know I must help myself. Everyone who calls Christ Lord and trusts him has the Holy Spirit in him to help make life abundant and glad

http://davidwilkersontoday.blogspot.com/2010/11/help-yourself.html

No comments:

Post a Comment