Friday 5 November 2010

Saturday, October 23, 2010

 

Saturday, October 23, 2010: (St. John of Capistrano)
Jesus said: “My people, as you came into church, you could see the lines for Confession before Mass. Today’s Gospel also speaks of repenting for your sins. You know that I came as a man to die on a cross as a blood sacrifice for all the sins of mankind. Every Mass is an unbloody re-enactment of My sacrifice because you receive My Body and Blood at Communion time. It is important that whenever you receive Me in My Eucharist that you receive Me in the state of grace so you do not commit any sin of sacrilege against My Blessed Sacrament. To keep your soul clean in order to receive Me worthily, you should have your sins cleansed in Confession at least once every month. When the priest gives you absolution, your sins will be forgiven and My grace will be restored to your soul. Even before you enter the confessional, you should make a good examination of your conscience so you can recollect any sins that you have committed since your last Confession. When you come out of the confessional, remember to pray your penance and any other prayers of thanksgiving. By staying close to Me in Confession and receiving My Blessed Sacrament often, then you will be strengthened to endure your daily temptations of the devil, and help evangelize souls for heaven. When you see so much evil in the world, you need to strive to save as many souls as you can from hell with My help.”

http://www.johnleary.com/index.php/2010/11/04/saturday-october-23-2010/

No comments:

Post a Comment